The Director, Plant Management is a champion of the site wide Operations Strategy. He/she will be responsible for partnering with all functions within the business to develop, drive, and implement core business management system.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports To: VP, Group Operations
- Direct Reports: Site operations management positions (Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, EH&S, CI, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Project Management and Order Entry/Customer Services
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility which include; manufacturing, assembly, production and inventory control, manufacturing engineering.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to ensure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all operations personnel.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets. Analyze workforce requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Support as necessary research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Work with purchasing manager to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Maintain and support a superior 6S program, including all timely communication.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement initiatives.
- Accountable for the safety of the facility by enforcing established safety and health policies and procedures contributing to promoting employee safety and wellbeing and preventing accidents and working to improve TRIR year over year.
- Must be superior in customer relations and possess exceptional people skills.